Innovation and entrepreneurship are integral to the Energy Institute. Our work and research is fueled by a desire to create positive change on a global scale. This attitude of entrepreneurship and innovation was even recognized by the Smithsonian Institution, which designated Fort Collins as a place of 21st century innovation.
At the Energy Institute, we encourage innovation through entrepreneurship training, participating in CSU Venture’s Research to Market (R2M) accelerator and streamlining energy-based research into the commercial sector through our Tech-To-Market (T2M) program. We even house an array of clean-tech ventures on the 4th floor of the Powerhouse.
- Dr. Bryan Willson: Executive Director of the Energy Institute and Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Jeff Muhs: Associate Director for Programs and Initiatives
- Todd Headley: President of CSU Ventures
- Dr. Steve Albers: Associate Director of LAUNCHPAD, the startup support program for CSU Ventures and Co-Director of the Ambassador Program
- Paul Hudnutt: Entrepreneurship, Venture Finance and Strategy Instructor in CSU MBA program, Former Director of GSSE MBA Program
- Dr. Scott Shrake: Director, Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Bob Isaman: Operating Partner, Kohlberg & Company, LLC
Generation / Production
Transmission / Distribution
Techo Economic Analysis
Developing World Access
Innovation / Entrepreneurship