METEC site use is currently in high demand. We are scheduling more than three months out. Please plan accordingly, and contact us as far in advance of your testing as is feasible to get on the schedule.
Methane Emissions Technology Evaluation Center (METEC)
METEC’s focus is improving methane detection, quantification and modeling systems to help advance programs that reduce methane emissions. METEC accomplishes this through testing and training at the METEC Foothills location and through its extensive Research Program.
NEW STORY: $50 million partnership with UT Austin to tackle challenge of oil and gas methane emissions accounting
The METEC facility, located in northwest Fort Collins on CSU’s foothills campus, is a unique test and research facility for emissions detection and quantification, methods development, and training.
METEC is fee based and supports research and testing by any interested party.
METEC Address: 3401 West Vine Drive
Interested in METEC?
METEC membership is open to any company or organization with an interest in air emissions from energy systems.
Many METEC group projects work with industry, regulators, community organizations, or other universities. Current hot topics:
- LDAQ field testing for the ADED project; Help develop test protocols!
- Join the combined advisory board for pipeline projects – UPSIDE (flowlines and gathering lines) and RPLUME (distribution systems)
- Join the technical advisory panel for the high-volume sampler project
- Test your solution at METEC
- Improve your OGI skills at a METEC OGI class