Schedule a Tour
Powerhouse Energy Campus Tours will resume with the start of the Spring 2022 semester in mid- to late January. Please check back for more information on tour availability and scheduling.
Select a date on the calendar below to
reserve your tour spot:
*Note: Tour scheduling for Spring 2022 will be available soon – please check back!
If a date is unavailable, that tour may have been cancelled for holidays/CSU closures or due to other scheduling conflicts. If you have questions about the availability of a tour, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please plan to arrive to the Powerhouse main entry lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the tour’s scheduled start time of 2:00 pm, as we may not be able to accommodate late arrivals.
- Masks ARE required inside the building for all visitors, faculty, staff and students regardless of vaccination status (Per updated CSU COVID-19 protocols announced August 11, 2021). All visitors should plan to bring their own masks, as we may not have extras to provide to guests.
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as they are required in some areas of the building on the tour.
- Parking information: Parking at the Powerhouse is limited, so please plan to park at one of our alternate lots (no pass/fee required). Both lots are just a short walk from the building. More information about parking alternatives and directions to Powerhouse can be found here.
- Our tours are currently limited to 6 people to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines. If your group exceeds 6, please contact us directly at email@example.com to make alternative arrangements for your group or tour.
- Request a privately-scheduled tour: If you are unable to join us for one of our regularly scheduled tours, or if you’re requesting a tour for a class, student organization, community group, etc. please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powerhouse Tour Information
The Powerhouse Energy Campus opens its doors to the public by providing guided tours of the state-of-the-art facilities and the groundbreaking research that takes place here. Tours are led by Energy Institute Student Ambassadors, and give the public a chance to see science and solutions in action.
Each year, over 100 groups visit our building. Tours serve local K-12 schools, professional organizations, donors, NGOs, student organization, current and prospective CSU students, researchers, and interested members of the local community. Tours typically last around an hour, and the content can be tailored to the needs of your group or organization! For questions about Powerhouse tours, please email email@example.com.
Powerhouse Virtual Tour Video Series
Can’t join us for an in-person tour? We invite you to check out our new virtual video series, where you can learn more about the Powerhouse facility and the incredible research taking place here:
Powerhouse Introduction and Tour
Engines and Energy Conversion Lab Tour
Cookstoves lab tour
Rapid Protoyping Lab Tour