Learn more about the Energy Institute by getting to know our mission, approach and core values.
The mission of the Colorado State University Energy Institute is to develop innovative solutions to energy challenges that achieve global impact.
To do this we:
- integrate science to measure energy impacts,
- implement technology to develop solutions,
- share policy studies to shape governmental response,
- foster entrepreneurship to implement our solutions at scale,
- employ behavioral and social science to include the human dimension, and
- educate future leaders in the energy field.
We develop science to understand pressing energy challenges, and mobilize diverse teams to find solutions. For example, we reduce air pollution, lower methane emissions, and bring power to remote regions of the developing world. By working with multinational corporations, small startup companies, non-profits and governmental entities our solutions make a measurable impact. For instance, our clean cookstove technology is in use by over 5 million people. Again, and again, we’ve demonstrated that this approach works and that we know how to bring about real, measurable change in the energy landscape.
- Innovation – We follow our curiosity to develop and implement solutions.
- Impact – We strive to have an impact at a global scale.
- Diversity – We welcome diverse disciplines, talents, people and perspectives.
- Adaptability – We anticipate and respond to new challenges and emerging technologies.
- Integrity – We uphold a commitment to scientific accuracy, to the truth, to each other, and to our work.