JEDI: Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The Energy Institute is unwavering in our commitment to justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion. This pledge is foundational to the way we collaborate, innovate, and advance our mission to develop innovative solutions to energy and climate challenges with maximum global impact.
At the Powerhouse Energy Campus we have a 30-year history of innovation. Making the Powerhouse Energy Campus a welcoming environment for a multitude of voices will enhance our problem-solving ethos.
We believe in not just practicing diversity, but in making diversity a practice. It is foundational to the way we operate.
At the Powerhouse Energy Campus, we believe in order to develop students as learners, leaders, and citizens, we must foster an equitable and inclusive community for students, their families, and our administration, faculty, and staff. The Energy Institute at CSU embraces diversity in all of its various forms, including race, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, sexual orientation, ability, gender, and age.
Why We Care
An inclusive and equitable culture demonstrates behaviors that value and respect individuals and groups with different backgrounds, while recognizing the specific challenges and circumstances experienced by those different groups.
- Our goal is to ensure people feel welcome at the Powerhouse Energy Campus: We are building a culture of belonging by actively inviting the contributions and participation of all people.
- We encourage diversity in the energy/climate educational and career pathways while recognizing and respecting everyone’s unique qualities and attributes.
- A diverse and inclusive clean energy workforce brings high value not only to the Powerhouse Energy Campus, but also to our faculty, staff and students.
- We value diversity at the Powerhouse Energy Campus so people build a stronger sense of identity and wellbeing, have better education and career outcomes because their diverse strengths, abilities, interests and perspectives are understood and supported — we create a stronger world.
- We aim to represent all four types of diversity: internal, external, organizational and worldview.
Real and immediate benefits to the Powerhouse Energy Campus while embracing of diversity:
- A Variety of Perspectives: When we put a variety of world views into one room, we come out the other side with better ideas.
- Increased Creativity.
- Increased Productivity.
- Reduced Fear, Improved Performance.
- We boost our Brand’s Reputation as a leader in energy institutes around the nation.
- Global Impact in Clean Energy and Climate.
Interested in joining the Energy Institute’s JEDI efforts?
- Reach out to Mary McInnis-Efaw, Chief of Staff to Dr. Bryan Willson, Executive Director, CSU Energy Institute.
- Join our JEDI steering committee and plug in where you see a fit.
- Contact us with suggestions.
- Want to be involved in the energy mobile lab? We want to excite kids in clean energy and climate educational pathways!
- Join the Powerhouse Energy Campus book club.
Upcoming Events & Activities: Join Us!
The Energy Institute hosts a monthly JEDI call every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 11:00 am MT beginning on March 10, 2021. Everyone from the Powerhouse Energy Campus is welcome to join.
The next JEDI call will be held Wednesday, April 14 at 11 am MT.
For more information, contact Mary McInnis: email@example.com
Get Paid to Save the World! Energy & Climate Solutions Opportunities at the CSU Energy Institute
Wed., March 3, 2021
This is a past event. To view the recorded version of the webinar session, visit the event page here.