The Powerhouse

The Center of the Energy Institute

The Powerhouse Energy Campus is located at 430 North College Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80524.

The history of the Powerhouse Energy Campus begins in 1936, as home to the original Fort Collins Municipal Power Plant. Since that time, the building and property have undergone a transformation to become today’s Powerhouse Energy Campus, a nearly 100,000 square-foot LEED Platinum-certified energy research complex, home to numerous research and policy centers, laboratories, and start-ups.

The Powerhouse is also home to the 4th Floor, where several energy research companies that partner with the Energy Institute have their offices.

Wind turbines on Powerhouse