The Colorado State University Energy Institute and the Powerhouse Energy Campus is like a Wonka Factory for energy enthusiasts. There’s an endless array of opportunities for students to gain valuable career skills with internships and jobs. Students can assist Energy Institute faculty with grant-funded projects, and for faculty and staff to explore their research interests in state-of-the-art facilities. For more information, contact the Energy Institute.
Graphics Design Media Intern
The Graphics Design Media Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Communications Specialist at the CSU Powerhouse Energy Campus to create original designed content to showcase our research, labs, education, events, and stories within the CSU Energy Institute. Works will be used in a variety of mediums i.e. website, print materials, videos etc. This is an incredible opportunity to get a portfolio of content and showcase your creativity!
- Help maintain and take ownership of the Energy Institute’s posters (and display screens, when they are installed).
- Create graphics (logo marks, images, posters, banners, digital design for the website, social media etc.) for the Powerhouse with the guidance of the Communications Specialist.
- Assist in media creation (i.e. taking photos and videos of events and projects) to generate original content for the website and display screens as needed.
- Help promote upcoming events, conferences, and talks with creative and on-brand graphics.
- Update various mediums (web, display screens, event posters) as directed and ensure fresh, original and timely content is displayed.
- Manage and follow a Google document of content scheduling.
- Coordinate content requests and support other digital media and communications efforts as they arise.
- CSU student, junior class level or higher, or related experience in the field
- Strong design and video background
- Preference given to candidates with experience using the following programs: Adobe Software (InDesign, Premier Pro, Photoshop), Google Drive, Canva. Candidates without these skills should still apply, as a desire to learn is most important.
- Proven ability to learn new types of software
- Ability to adhere to design standards of Colorado State University and the CSU Energy Institute
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage projects
- Demonstrated work ethic, honesty and commitment
To apply please do so via Ram Web here: https://ramweb.colostate.edu/registrar/Main/Jobs.aspx
Job ID 16177
Please check back later.