Jobs at the Energy Institute
Research Field Site Manager / Technician
The Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy (ARPA-E) has awarded CSU a large, multi-year grant to create and operate the facility, which will simulate a broad range of natural gas production systems for testing technologies in real-world industry conditions. We need a Field Site Manager / Technician to oversee the plant operations. The site will allow research teams from all over the U.S. to test new technologies for enhanced methane sensing.
- This position will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of the ARPA-E Monitor site at Christman Field, Colorado State University
- Maintenance and operation of all field equipment (Emissions analyzers, data acquisition equipment, emission sample lines, pumps, valves, etc.)
- Responsible for assisting in the execution of all testing and research at the site
- Manage inventory of consumables during testing (calibration gases, pressure and temperature sensors, cabling, etc.)
- Position will work closely with and oversee safety / protocols for student research assistants, both undergraduate and graduate.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment on site
- Interface with clients from oil and gas operators, instrument vendors, and other industry representatives, and manage their use of the facility.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/40936
For more information about positions at the University, please visit: jobs.colostate.edu